Friends of Salusbury School (FoSS) is holding its Annual General Meeting next week:
Date: Tuesday 10 October
Time: Refreshments from 7.30pm, meeting starts at 8pm sharp
FoSS is the school’s Parent Teacher Association and all parents, carers, teachers and friends are welcome to join the AGM.
We will review the year gone by and look to plans for the year ahead as well as approve any financial pledges. The AGM is also the meeting at which the FoSS committee members are elected for the forthcoming year. The committee are responsible for making important decisions regarding the direction of FoSS and every parent/carer at the school has a right to vote in these elections, and run for a position on the FoSS committee. New friends and faces are warmly encouraged to nominate themselves for a role.
Foss Committee Roles
Below are listed the Committee Roles that will be up for election. There are currently seven positions on the FoSS Committee and this year we will be introducing an eighth:
- Vice Chair
- Vice Treasurer
- Class Representatives Co-ordinator
- Greenspace Representative
- Events and Catering Lead – NEW ROLE
We will also be electing in an independent auditor. All committee roles are up for election, even if there is someone already performing the role who is happy to continue. Being part of the FoSS committee is a great way to become closer to the school, get to know parents and the teaching staff, and to make a real difference to your child’s school experience. To learn more about the committee and for full details of each role and what it entails, please visit the committee page on our website: http://www.salusburyfriends.org/committee.
Please register your interest in taking on a committee role by end of school day, Monday 9 October 2017 by emailing us at [email protected].
Are you interested in becoming a FoSS volunteer?
Beyond the roles on the committee, FoSS always needs help from the parent / carer community and would be particularly happy to hear from those who have skills in the following areas:
- Grants and sponsorship research and applications: help seek out and secure new opportunities
- PR / Social media marketing expertise: assist in promoting our activity to a wider audience
- Treasury assistants: help with distributing, counting and banking money for cake sales and events
- Graphic design: design FoSS collateral including event posters, marketing campaigns, handouts etc.
- Photographers / Videographers: help capture content from our events
- Sign writers / painters / handy men and women: help design, create and build various items throughout the year with particular focus on events
- Artists / Arts and Crafts enthusiasts: to help design, create and install decorations for events, sometimes with the children in the classroom
- Event professionals: to help oversee some of the fundraising events.
- Catering professionals / enthusiasts: people with experience at running catering at events or just enthusiastic about food and a dab hand in the kitchen!
- Baking and donating goods: for cake sales and our winter and summer fairs
Please do come along to this important evening.
We look forward to seeing you there!