Attending: Julia Bell, Simone Baggio, Giovanna Torrico, David Hodge
Apologies: Francesca Burtt-Jones, Christian Corney, Cathy Ricketts, Alison Moulding, Diane Haynes, Lottie Hart, Debbie Hartley, Kate Fisher
- Rough profit from International Evening was £1,500.
- Well-attended event and lots of new volunteers came together to help on the night (in the kitchen and around the event).
- 300+ tickets were sold ahead of time and 100 more adult tickets (plus some kids tickets) were sold on the door.
- Bar was especially well attended and drunk dry!
- Having popcorn for the kids was a nice and welcome new addition.
- Snacks/food were depleted quickly.
- Pizza wasn’t received as well as it was in previous year – we will try to speak with Jack’s about catering pizza for next International Evening, despite there being a potential gap in availability. Perhaps charge £1.50 for slices.
- Need to reserve some pizza for kids who are performing to make sure they are fed.
- Or serve pizza first thing at 5.30pm, have performances, and then start pizza again at 6.30pm.
- Low attendance from Year 6.
- Debate about whether to put all year group tables together, separate by continents or have separate group tables.
- Stalls have been allocated.
- Raffle tickets going out in book bags shortly.
- Live music stage planning well underway.
- Will have Michelin-star trained chef to help with food on the day.
- We will be selling Lickalix ice lollies.
- Greenspace will be having the usual offerings of games and cream teas, as well as showcasing 10 year anniversary.
- Will request use of meeting room for storage of donations.
British 10K Run:
- JustGiving page will go live this week.
- There is no obvious mechanism for people to volunteer within the school.
- Can school make it easier for people to volunteer as there are willing people out there?
- There are people within the wider community (some who are retired) who would love to volunteer, but aren’t aware of opportunities or how to go about doing it. It would be good to create a database of people who are available.
- Might be good to allocate this role to a teacher (who can manage the database). Could be good for their CV.
- Planning going very well.
- Lots of events have sold out.
- Hopscotch Nursery is organising reading to under 5s at the event.
- We will have flyers on door at Summer Fair and they will have our flyers on their door at the Book Festival.
- QPARA Open Gardens: 17th June – David Hodge will be on gate (and will distribute flyers for Summer Fair and Book Festival)
- 10th Anniversary Celebration: 24th June
- Summer Fair: 30th June
- Giovanna: Has been for the last 2 years in a consultative group for Queens Park (made up of the local resident group, schools and City of London). She has represented Salusbury School and has, for example, connected the school with the park on planting bulbs in the park. As Giovanna is leaving, it would be great to have a new representative from our school. This involves a monthly hourly meeting with the representatives of QPARA, Ark Franklin, Kensal Rise Association, and the park manager. Then there are 2 meetings a year (in May and November) with the City of London, which take place in Queens Park to discuss the condition of the park and its facilities, and how they can be improved and how the money can be spent.
- Giovanna: FoSS usually allow £300 for the Year 6 leavers party and Giovanna was making the formal request for this and an extra £100 for sweatshirts, in the unlikely event that these funds are required. APPROVED BY ALL.
Next FoSS Meeting 24th July 2018, 8-9pm in Meeting Room