There are plenty of ways for parents and friends of children at Salusbury to get involved in Greenspace:
- Maintaining and developing the garden through monthly dig days
- Gardening club after school on Wednesdays (Y1-2) during the summer term
- Working with the school to organise parent volunteers to go with classes when they visit Greenspace
- Working with the school on gardening projects
- Helping to feed our lovely chickens during school holidays
Monthly dig days
Dig days are an opportunity for families and friends to join in with gardening jobs and enjoy spending time in the Greenspace. Dig days this term will take place on the last weekend of the month between 10am and 12pm.
DIG DAYS 2016 – 2017 (all on Sundays)
- 25th September
- 6th November
- 29th January
- 26th February
- 26th March – including Easter Egg Hunt at 11am
- 23rd April
- 21st May
- 25th June
- 16th July
You can turn up any time from 10am for dig days and you don’t need to bring anything with you – except for your wellies if it’s wet. Nor do you need any gardening experience, although if you have some, that would be a bonus.
To get to the Greenspace at weekends, you need to come in through the main cemetery entrance on Willesden Lane. Go between the arches and turn right at the bottom of the cemetery.
You can see what went on at previous dig days by clicking on these links:
- Sunday 5 May 2013
- Sunday 2 June 2013
- Sunday 7 July 2013 (Picnic celebrating Greenspace 5th Birthday)
Greenspace co-ordinating group
Dig Days, activities in and maintenance of the Greenspace are co-ordinated by a small group of parents, who work closely with the school, and everyone is welcome to take part. The Greenspace Committee includes parents from Reception, Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4 and Y6, please contact us (see below) if you’d like to get involved with the group. Parents new to the school especially welcome.
Find out more
If you’re interested in getting involved with gardening or helping to run Greenspace, please contact [email protected].